Registration and enrollment is a simple two-step process.
- Register all of your children in the school district at one time at the Education Services Center.
- Enroll your children at their individual schools, at which point you can obtain class assignments, schedules, and other information unique to each child’s school.
What do I need to bring with me when I register my children?
Parents are asked to bring the following documents when they come to the Education Services Center to register their children:
- Birth certificates;
- Immunization records;
- Proof of residency (house contract, deed, or lease agreement);
- Address, phone, and fax of last schools attended; and
- Contact information to include on emergency cards, etc.
If you have a unique residency situation, please call the registrar in advance for more detailed information.
We live in the LPS district, but we would like to enroll our children in a different LPS school than the one to which we are assigned. What do we do?
LPS values a family's right to choose the school that will best meet its children's needs. Follow the guidelines for an in-district transfer, as described below. First, contact the school for specific information (high school especially), or visit the school's web site. Print the application, fill it out, and return it to the school you want your child to attend, along with any other documentation requested by the sch
Guidelines for In-District Transfer
- District residents have priority consideration over nonresidents for open enrollment or transfers from October 1 to January 31 of each school year. After January 31, all enrollment/transfer requests will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Resident students do not need to reapply once accepted at the new school.
- Transportation will not be provided unless there is room on an established route.
- There must be room in the grade level the student will enter.
- There must be a program in the new school that is appropriate for the enrolling or transferring student.
Fill out the Application for District Resident Open Enrollment
Out of District Resident information and application
What are the hours for the district registrar?, Can I make an appointment?
Registration takes place at the Education Services Center, 5776 S. Crocker St., Littleton, CO 80120 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. Appointments are welcomed. Call the registrar at 303.347-4360 to make an appointment. Central registration will not take place between July 3 and July 7, 2006.
When is my child eligible for kindergarten?
Students may enter kindergarten if they are five years old on or before October 1st of the year of enrollment.
How can I learn more about my children’s schools?
Families are encouraged to attend their schools’ Back to School functions and to contact their schools’ office staff about arranging a time to visit.
Questions? Please call our district registrar, 303-347-4360.